I’m something of a Spray Tan expert, as evident by this SPRAY TAN RAP from back in the day. Even with years of experience, I still learn a little with each new mist. Like all things, Practice makes Perfect. If you plan on looking like a Sun Kissed Goddess on the big day (and who doesn’t?!) you must frequent the local salons and sample for the following:
- Is the spray distribution even?
- Does the solution smell? Just today? Or even when washed off, days later?
- Are you basketball orange? Or beautifully bronzed?
- Did the spray congregate around your feet and ankles? How about your knuckles?
- Try Level 1, Try Level 2 (& if you have olive skin, dare you try Level 3?!)
- Try the clear spray, try the spray with added bronzer.
- Did you wait 4 hours or 8 to wash it off? (Practice people, Practice!)
If you live in LA, I’ve done the dirty work for you and have discovered THE BEST Salon for your Spray Tan needs. Spotlight on Uvasun, nestled on 3rd Street between the Beverly Center and the Grove. Uvasun’s custom mixed solution is hand airbrushed on to you for an even, odorless, and golden glow. To assure perfection, ask for Monique- she is the Michelangelo of Airbrushing.
If you don’t feel like coughing up $85 for the Airbrush (um, it’s your wedding- Cough!), then Glory Hallelujah- their Liquid Sun spray booth has a new, Cherry Almond solution that’s also inodorous and natural looking. 5 Diamond Rings for Uvasun’s Awesome spray tans!